The production process
THIS IS HOW YOU TURN YOUR E-BOOK OR PRINTED BOOK INTO AN AUDIOBOOK
1. FIRST, YOU SEND US YOUR MANUSCRIPT.
You do this by uploading your book as an e-book or a PDF in our submission form.
Already got you manuscript ready? Click here to get started directly
Need some more time? That's fine - just continue reading.
2. ONCE WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR REQUEST for an audiobook production, we look over your manuscript. If it's compatible with our publication criteria we reach out to you and let you know that we would like to publish it.
That means we agree to cover all the cost for the production.
Saga Storify’s publication criteria:
A / The manuscript should be of high quality.
B / The manuscript should already have been published in another format.
C / The manuscript should not be offensive or contrary to everyone’s equal value.
D / The manuscript should have market potential.
3. IF THE MANUSCRIPT DOES NOT MATCH THESE CRITERIA, we will get back to you with a 'no'. It takes 8 weeks for us to get back to you with either a 'yes' or 'no' answer.
4. IF WE GET BACK TO YOU WITH A 'YES', the editorial team behind Saga Storify will start the production of your audiobook. We pick a fitting voice for your book to give it the best potential on the market. You'll also have a nice looking cover design appropriate for the genre, new format, and audience of your book. An appealing cover gives the best opportunity for success once the audiobook is released.
It takes us 6-12 months to produce your audiobook. We will also get back to you a publication date and more information about the release.
5. WHEN IT IS TIME FOR THE RELEASE, we give your book the best opportunity to become a success by promoting it to the right audience. We keep you updated along the way.
6. YOU START RECEIVING ROYALTIES, once the production have been covered by the audiobook's revenue. The final production price will be known to us approximately one week after production is finished, which is around 3-4 weeks before the release date of the audiobook. You will get reports on the books earnings twice a year on July 1st and January 1st.
7. AS YOU MIGHT HAVE UNDERSTOOD BY NOW, we are very keen on giving your book the best opportunity to succeed on the market. Fortunately, we have built a great professional network and collaborate with the biggest audiobook platforms and digital bookstores. We help you reach all the potential listeners through full market coverage - free of charge.